After hearing them mentioned for a while, I decided to take a break from my tarte and ABH favorites and try something new: Colourpop Cosmetics.
Oh. My. God.
Colourpop, based out of California, is incredible. They’re affordable and have some of the most incredible colors I’ve ever seen in a palette. I order a whole bunch of stuff from them that arrived within a week.
What was in my order:
- It’s My Pleasure pressed powder shadow palette ($12)
- Jelly Much Shadow in Ventura ($8)
- Supernova Shadow in Costellation ($7)
- Loose Pigments in The Crab, The Archer, The Water Bearer, The Scales, and The Maiden ($6 each, from the Kathleen Lights Zodiac Collection)
- The Zodiac pressed powder shadow palette
- Build Your Own Palette with 24 shadows ($44 on sale) Shadows: Earthshine, Quantum Sleep, Neutrino, Nightdream, Pretty Cruel, Labyrinth, Backstage, 20 Something, Prowlin, Silver Lining, Goody Two-Shoes, On the Rise, Formation, Wait For It, Best Coast Scenario, Centerfold, Take The Lead, Cute Alert, Dragonfly, Heavy Glam, Liar Liar, Glass Bull, Seas The Day, and Try Me.
I’ve been in love with these products since they arrived and have been playing with them ever since. Colourpop’s shadows are so pigmented and just so beautiful. I’ve always enjoyed make up but I think this might be the brand that made me obsessed with it. I just can’t get enough!
So, with my new colors and palettes, I started playing around with some looks. Here’s a look that I enjoyed using some colors I’ve never played with too much before.
For this fun galaxy inspired look, I almost exclusively used the Zodiac collection. I started by applying my go to eyeshadow primer, Primer Potion from Urban Decay. I then started right in with some color! I started with The Aquarius (a periwinkle purpley-blue) in the crease, being a little sloppy with it. I then went in with The Sagittarius (a berry pink) to start deepening the look. I then took The Libra (a light peachy-pink) and used that to blend and transition into the brow-bone area. With that, I still wanted to deepen the look and add just a bit more color. I used The Capricorn (a shimmery black) in my outer V and then added a pit of The Pisces (a sparkly turquoise) in the center. I added a bit of highlight using The Madiden (a white iridescent loose pigment). Bam, space! I topped off the look with some non Colourpop products that I had picked up at Target. I used the Starlit liners in black with both a moon and a star stamp. I then took a bit of holographic glitter from Starlit’s Stellar Glitter Body Roller on a detail brush and filled in the star and moon with the holo glitter. I finished off everything with a swipe of the Starlit Stars Align Liner. Done!
Have you used Colourpop before? What is your favorite make up brand at the moment?