Today we’re getting some bonus content because the lovely Hayley from Life of Hayley nominated me for a Mystery Blogger award! So first, thank you Hayley! Hayley is one of the bloggers who always says the nicest things when she comments on one of my posts and always makes me feel like I need to do that more. We should all comment more, really. Bloggers supporting bloggers, right?
The description for the award says the Mystery Blogger Award is “an award for amazing bloggers with indigenous posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much love and passion.”
- Thank whoever nominated you and include a link to their blog
- Tell your readers three things about yourself
- Nominate bloggers you feel deserve the award
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice, with one weird or funny one
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
3-Things About Me
- I’ve been working in a museum for about a year now where I teach civics and state history to local students. This isn’t the first museum that I’ve worked at though. I first got my start when I was about four years old at the Mark Twain House in Hartford, CT portraying Twain’s youngest daughter for a photo shoot.
- For my best friend’s wedding in May 2017, I didn’t know that I was the Maid of Honor until the day of the wedding! That means that when it came to giving my speech at the reception, it was completely off the top of my head– which was terrifying for me. Even after years of doing theatre, improvisation was never my forte. I was told afterwards that the speech was great and funny and just what everyone needed after the tears that came from the best man’s speech.
- My name was almost Foxy! My whole family used to work at a store called G. Fox and Co. until just before I was born. This place is the reason I exists. My paternal grandparents got engaged there. My parents got engaged there. It makes sense that they’d want to honor it somehow! They decided to go with Samantha though.
The Questions from Hayley
- What’s the #1 destination on your travel bucketlist?- The broad answer to this is Europe. My goal is to one day take like a month-ish off from work and travel around Europe to see as much as I possibly could. The less broad answer is London, England. I’ve never been to England before but I’ve always loved, at least, the idea of it.
- What has been your greatest accomplishment?- I honestly don’t know how to answer this one. My joke answer would have to be that I finally got out of my gym contract that’d been destroying my bank account for two years. The real answer would have to be climbing Mount Washington. I know that I’ve talked about it a fair amount recently but I honestly thought that there was no way I could do it!
- What’s the first thing you notice about people?- If they’re an asshole.
- What has been your favorite blog post to write? Why?- This is kind of a hard one! I think my favorite posts are always my travel posts. I don’t get to travel as much as I’d like but I get to relive those moments when writing out my experience. Plus, they give me posts that I absolutely love going back to reread.
- What is your favorite quote?- “Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” — Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- What is your favorite album of all time?
- What is one thing that you absolutely have to do every summer?
- You won a million dollars, what do you do with the money?
- Who is the person you enjoy spending the most time with?
- Tell a funny story about you and your best friend. (Not a question, I know)
Thanks to Hayley, again, for nominating me! I love getting to do these kinds of blogs. They seem to create a sense of community that I am all about on these sites! Join in and answer the questions in the comments!