Earlier this week, I was nominated for a Mystery Blogger Award by Rather Be In Disney World! Thanks for the nomination and you have an incredible blog! I always love doing these types of things and, to be honest, this helps me reach my goal of blogging every day this month!
MYSTERY BLOGGER AWARD:
“It’s an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.” Created by: Okoto Enigma
- Put the award logo/image on your blog. List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Three Things About Myself:
- I was almost named Indigo. My aunt and one of my cousins were determined to get my mom to name me Indigo. They wanted to be able to call me Indy. Instead, my parents combined their two top choices so that I would have Samantha Nichole as my name. The same way that Indy is a guy-sounding nick name, my parents liked that Samantha could be Sam and Nichole could by Nicky.
- I was featured on a Snapchat Story for the 2016 Democratic Debate and got over 1.7 million views on several posts. I had been “contracted” by Snapchat while working for my university’s social media team to do coverage of campus during the debate between Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders. It was one of my favorite work experiences ever. Not to mention that I got to be in the spin room and got to see, in person, some of the biggest names in news. It was so cool!
- I was the first person in my immediate family to get my college degree. I got my BA in English Teaching in May 2016. This past December, my mom finally got her BA in History with honors after having started it thirty years ago. We are all so proud of her.
If you could be any animal on the planet what would it be and why?
Okay, maybe this is lame but I would be a dog. More specifically a labrador or a pitbull. Why? Well, I love dogs. Dogs are, by far, my favorite animals. I also had a labrador and a pitbull growing up and they are the best dogs. Honestly. Pitbulls get a bad reputation but they are great family dogs. With each of these breeds, I have a characteristic that I associate with them and that I identify within myself. With labs, they are as loyal as can be and that is something I find very important. Loyalty is very important. Not to a crazy level but you want friends and family who you can trust, who are loyal to you. With pitbulls, they are stubborn as can be and I know that I am too. Maybe that’s admitting a flaw but it has done me well in life so far.
What motivates you to write your blog?
I love writing. Plain and simple. Part of this is so that I can have a record of my life for myself. Part of it is just for the creative outlet.
If you had one superpower what would it be?
This honestly changes every time that someone asks me this questions. Sometimes it is the power to manipulate time. Sometimes it’s mind reading. Lately it has been the power to be anywhere in the world. Basically, think of being able to apparate in Harry Potter. I want to be able to just say a place one second and then appear there in the next. Especially with all of this snow we’ve been getting in New England lately! I’d kill to be somewhere warm for a little bit.
Who do you feel closest to in your life?
I have a few answers to this questions.
- My mom: It still seems weird that you can be best friends with your mom but that is pretty true of my relationship with my mom. She is always there for me, and not just because she’s my mom. She genuinely is interested in my life and what I’m doing. She wants what best for me. She is always willing to help me get better. Plus she is one inspirational lady.
- Callie, Hannah, Bree, and Alexa: These incredible women are my best friends. Some of them I’ve been friends with for a decade now, some are newer friends. They are all a shining example of what a best friend looks like. They are all there for me and I’m there for them. There is no bullshitting or anything like that. They were the friends I always dreamed of having.
- Tim: This may seem strange since, if you’ve been reading my blog lately, you’ll know that we broke up recently. Unlike with a lot of break ups, we still talk. We’re still friends. Honestly, we’re still each others best friend. We’re working through things and giving each other space when needed. We don’t know what will happen with us next but we’re figuring it out.
What place is at the top of your travel bucket list?
Broad answer: Europe.
More specific answer:
- Iceland: Reykjavik
- Ireland: Dublin
- England: London, Bath, Brighton
- Wales: Cardiff
- Scotland: Glasgow, Edinburgh
- France: Paris, Versailles
- Netherlands: Amsterdam
- Germany: Berlin, Munich
- Italy: Rome, Naples, Capri
- Greece: Athens, Mikonos, Santorini
Just to name a few places…. I’d love to go to as many European countries as possible!
Questions for my nominees:
- What is your favorite thing about your hometown?
- What five songs would you want included in the soundtrack of your life?
- Tell an embarrassing story from elementary/primary school.
- What is your favorite book?
- What is your go to activity when you have a day off?
My Nominees and Why You’re a Nominee: Okay, I’m breaking the rule about nominating 10 people but whatever. These are some of my favorite blogs to read (when I have the time…) These people are all great story tellers and have created space on their blogs that are friendly and creative. Plus, all of these people just seem cool.
- Jess of Earth
- Anna Wildman
- Tominalbion// Old England to New England
- In a Messy World
- Just Hannah Here
- Life of Hayley
- Girl Enters
Best Posts- These are the best of the best. Or at least I think they are! These are the posts that I think best represent me and my blog! They are some of my favorite posts that I’ve written. I hope you like them too!
- The Mountains Are Calling
- 22 Things I’ve Learned This Year
- Celebrating 23: My Birthday in the White Mountains
- Being Involved
- Girlfriend vs. Boyfriend TAG