We all have those songs that get stuck in our heads. They become the soundtrack to our day to day lives. Here are the ten songs that I am loving right now! Note, they are not in any particular order.
1. Mirrors by PVRIS (White Noise, 2016) This entire album has become a go to for me when I’m dealing with my depression, anxiety, and (most recently) a break up.
Favorite lyric: “And in the morning I hope I see you by my side/In the sunlight/ With my own eyes/ And I go searching through reflections for your outline/ But it’s just mine, but it’s just mine/ I know you’re dead inside/ But you make me feel alive”
2. Cigarette Daydreams by Cage the Elephant (Melophobia, 2013)– When I originally put this song on this list, it was because it was a song that I loved already and my then boyfriend (wow, things can change so fast) had send this to me in a playlist. Now it’s taken on a bit of a new meaning as I’m working through being on my own again.
Favorite lyric: “You can drive all night/Looking for the answers in the pouring rain/You wanna find peace of mind/Looking for the answer”
3. Golden Dandelions by Barns Courtney (The Attractions of Youth, 2017)– This song came to me in one of my Discover Weekly playlists that Spotify puts out. I loved this song almost immediately. Any song that gives you those visions of your life in a music video in your head are always good for me! I’m big into that soundtrack of your life song choices.
Favorite lyric: “A thousand pictures in my mind/In a painting of the past/I’m brushing over lines/And I’ll paint them all again”
4. Always Been U by Phangs ft. R.LUM.R (Get In My Arms, 2017)– Again, this song was in a Discover Weekly playlist and then ended up in my driving playlist. There was something about this song that just got stuck in my head. While repetitive, there was something heartfelt in the lyrics and relatable.
Favorite Lyrics: “I don’t know who I am, where I wanna go/ Who I wanna be, don’t know what you’re gonna see And I’m all right, no I’m not/Well I’m gonna be, well I hope I don’t know, there’s no guarantee”
5. Sorry (Not Sorry) by AMZY (Sorry Not Sorry, 2017)– Another soundtrack to my life selection here. This song was just catchy and went along with a lot of how I’ve been feeling lately.
Favorite lyrics: “I won’t be your hobby/And I’m not playing your games anymore/You knew this day would come/So go and take your crazy/I don’t want it anymore”
6. Flowers In Your Hair by The Lumineers (The Lumineers, 2012)– I’ve loved this song for years now but now it has become one of my absolute go to songs. I just love the imagery in this song.
Favorite Lyric: “So now I think that I could love you back/And I hope its not too late/’Cause you’re so attractive/And the way you move/I won’t close my eyes”
7. All We Ever Knew by The Head and The Heart (Signs of Light, 2016)– I feel like there has been a trend in most of the songs that I’m loving right now. They’re all that slightly indie sounding love songs in one way or another. Oh well.
Favorite Lyric: “I know sometimes you get so caught in a dream/But now it’s time to wake up from this/It’s time to make up for it”
8. Kamikaze by Walk the Moon (What If Nothing, 2017)– This song is just fun. It’s got a beat that makes you want to dance. Or scream sing in the car by yourself.
Favorite Lyric: “Going down with my wings on fire/Guess I’ll see you in another life”
9. Get Into My Car by Echosmith (Inside a Dream EP, 2017)– What did I say? I love those soundtrack moment songs. Plus if you go for a ride/road trip with me, you’ll probably be stuck with me.
Favorite Lyric: “As I look in your eyes/Falling in a deep unknown/Getting late, I have to go/I can’t leave, I have to know”
10. Sister Cities by The Wonder Years (Sister Cities, 2018)– This is the first single from The Wonder Years’ upcoming album of the same name and I am so excited for it. April 6th can’t come soon enough!
Favorite Lyric: “The moon is hanging low, over the central station/I watch the buses leave in silence, bound for foreign distant places”