I woke up the other day to see that I had been nominated for a Liebster Award by the lovely AmyMegan here on WordPress. I was shocked at first but who could ask for a better start to 2018!
With this nomination, there are some rules:
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions that your nominator has asked you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers (with followers under 200).
- Ask them 11 questions.
- Let them know you have nominated them.
Lets get into it!
These are the questions that Amy asked the eleven bloggers she nominated.
1. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I would love to go to Europe. My dream vacation is to go to Europe for two months and see as much as I could. More realistically, I’d love to go to England and explore London, Bath, Brighton, and more!
2. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
Mac and cheese. Plain and simple.
3. When did you decide you wanted to create a blog?
I knew I wanted to start a blog back in 2012. I was heading off to college and I wanted to document my experience. I had a personal blog over on Weebly, three of them actually, and then ended up being a blogger and social media assistant for the University of New Hampshire so the UNH Tales blog started taking precedent. After graduating, I wanted to coming to keep working on and managing so SamiSays was born.
4. If you could swap lives with one person for a day, who would it be?
First person who comes to mind is Emma Stone. I have no idea why but she just seems so kind and down to earth.
5. Describe a favourite memory you have from when you were growing up.
One of my favorite memories from growing up comes from my interview to go to Catholic school. Now, when I was little, my mom thought that she wanted to to attend the local Catholic school (Saint Mary’s). This was a parental whim that quickly faded. I made it to the interview for their Kindergarten program, which means I was about four at the time. Over the course of the interview, I struggled my way through. While I was exemplary at some things, I failed to know where my elbow was. Lucky for me, my minor humiliation was cut short by a phone call from my Granny to my mom. My brother, who was only one or two at the time, choked on a doughnut and was being cared for by EMTs at the local Elementary school. Oh boy. He was okay but the memory has become one of my favorites because my brother trying to swallow a whole doughnut got me out of being a catholic school girl!
6. What are your handbag essentials?
Wallet, chapstick or whatever lipstick I’m wearing, a pen or three, and my phone. I try to travel light when it comes to my hand bag.
7. What is your favourite beauty brand?
Tarte! They have to be my absolute favorite brand at the moment. I love their commitment to to give back and help people and the environment. I love their products and how well they work. They have a great mix of everything when it comes to cosmetics and skincare. There’s nothing not to love!
8. Choose 3 words you would use to describe yourself.
Kind, generous, thoughtful.
9. What is one motto you live by?
“Not all who wander are lost.”- JRR Tolkien
I know it is a little cliche but when you don’t have a life plan or when that plan gets smashed to bits, you need to know that wandering is okay. You can be lost because that means you can be found.
10. Which memory of 2017 is your favourite?
So many great things happened that it’s hard to pick just one memory! One of my favorites is from a camping trip Tim and I took to the White Mountains in June. We had stayed one night in a hotel and camped one night when it wasn’t raining. After a day of hiking, swimming, and just having a great time over all, we were finally getting ready to go to bed. We still had a raging fire going and the camp ground had a rule that you had to put out any fire before going to sleep. Now, to be fair with the rest of this story, we were a bit drunk. Because of that, we really struggled to get the fire out. We didn’t have a bucket so we were filling up empty bottles, the cooler, and red solo cups. We finally got the fire up and stumbled into our tent. As we were chatting in our tent, we noticed a light coming from outside the tent. It couldn’t be the fire, right? It was. Somehow, this magical fire had come back from drenched ashes. We stumbled through the dark to get more water and after five minutes, we got the fire out. Again. We crawled back into bed and as we were falling asleep, it happened again. The fire relit itself. Again. We tried again to douse the flames, deciding that if the fire came back we weren’t going to do anything about. Luckily, the fire stayed out after the third try. It’s a funny story that we also laugh about when we go camping.
11. What plans do you have in 2018 that you are looking forward to?
I’m planning to travel more in 2018 and that is something that I’m very much looking forward to. Hopefully this year I’ll be able to make it to Washington D.C., Los Angeles, and Chicago.
With these questions answered, here are the eleven bloggers that I’d like to nominate. Definitely might be breaking the 200 or less followers rule though… Plus I think I’m behind in the nominating game as I’ve noticed a lot of them (deservedly!) have already been nominated!
- Natalie Grusling- ChiGoalDigger
- Jess- Jess of Earth
- Anna- Anna Wildman
- Rosemary Helen- Rosemary Helen XO
- Nompumelelo- Galelagasetheblog
- Maggie- Dreaming of Guatemala
- Shannon- Million Mile Dreamer
- Alyssa- Alyssa Always
- Matt- MattsViews
- Tominalbion- Old England to New England
- Hannah- Just Hannah Here
And now for some questions to answer:
- What are your top five songs right now?
- Where is your favorite place you’ve ever been?
- Do you prefer to go in or stay out?
- What is one thing you always have with you?
- What’s one thing you can’t live without?
- If you could live anywhere else, where would you live?
- If you could change one thing from your past, would you?
- What are you reading or watching right now?
- Favorite concert you’ve been to?
- Favorite memory from your school years?
- What’s your go to thing to make you smile?
That’s it from me! Thanks again to Amy for the nomination and thanks to everyone I’m nominating for having such great blogs! You all brighten up my Reader on WordPress with all of your posts!